Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hot Fudge Cake

This is so good! I made it when we were having company and I didn't have time to run out and buy anything... I had all the ingredients on hand. It seemed weird to pour hot water over the top, but I guess it works!

From Dining on a Dime, by Tawra Kellam and Jill Cooper

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. butter/margarine, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup nuts (I usually leave these out)

Topping:
3 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup hot water

Mix all the ingredients and pour into a buttered deep casserole dish (I use my 8x8 pyrex). Mix cocoa and sugar for topping and sprinkle on top of batter. Pour hot water over top and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. This has a delicious fudge sauce in the middle when baked. Serves 9.

No comments: