Monday, June 11, 2007

Oven BBQ Chicken

This dish is truly a family favorite. We had it so often as kids, served with green beans and rice, that my little brother started calling the whole meal "green rice."

Oven BBQ Chicken
1 whole chicken, cut up
BBQ sauce

Put the washed & trimmed chicken in a pyrex dish.
Cover with BBQ sauce (You don't need to use the whole bottle--just enough to cover the chicken).
Cover and bake at 350 for 1:30.
If you serve with rice, spoon the juice from the pan over your rice.

We like to have this on sundays--just cook the chicken before you leave (for almost the whole time--maybe like 1:20), then turn off the oven on your way out the door (Don't open it!... I mean the oven door, not your house door!). When you get home from church, turn the oven back on to get the chicken all heated back up while you prepare your rice & green beans (or other sides... but why would you have anything else??)

Also, I like to line my baking dish with foil before I cook it, so clean-up is SO easy. Otherwise, it kind of gets baked on the pan a little. Don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments: